From:   Marshall Dudley [SMTP:mdud...@execonn.com]
Sent:   Thursday, July 13, 2000 8:38 AM
To:     silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject:        Re: CS>trem..good job!

Ode Wan Coyote wrote:

>  My [unproven] theory about the later yellowing:
>  1]A high concentration of charged CS particle is produced.
> 2] If the storage temperature is less than the production temperature,
> the solution wants to compact...shrink? [whatever]
> 3] If the particles are not completely hydrated [by stirring etc] they
> have interfaces available to free oxygen which has a negative charge.
> 4] This negative charge neutralizes the positive charge of some of the
> unhydrated ions and allows them to bind to each other in varying
> amounts producing an agglomeration around an oxygen atom.  This effect
> seems to be worse when using fresh ozonated water and better when that
> water is either heated or allowed to vent for several days.
>  I only get deposits when using cool water and no stirring.  They can
> get pretty thick with fresh ozonated water but diminish with that same
> batch of water if it is left loosely capped for several days.

Other possibilities to check.
5. Exposure to light, primarily uv or sunlight.
6. The ph of the CS, upon absorption of CO2 it turns acid, the increased
concentration of H+ in the CS causes the particles to NOT repell as
well, and thus aggregate.
7 Temperature.  High temperatures add increased energy to the particles,
thus increasing the chance they will hit each other and aggregate, low
temperatures reduce the browning movement, thus allowing increasing
concentrations to drift toward the bottom, thus increasing the
possibility of aggregation.

Marshall