>>> Bob Squires <rj...@dialnet.net> wrote:             If you have such a
circuit in mind would you  send it to me . I make silver machines and send a

lot of them to the third world nations where they have nothing else no
doctors or medicine of any kind. They must be simple and of low cost. .

>>>Robert L. Berger <bober...@swbell.net> wrote:        I haven't found out
how to program a relay with a selectable window for shut-off. Given me a
schematic and I will play with it. No doctor just a crotchety old guy'

We have to go slow, fellas.  It has been 18 years (when I retired) that I
last looked at designing a circuit.  To make matters worse, I was an
Electrical Engineer.  There were no electronics when I went to school.  In
fact I was designing power supplied using tubes for Sylvania Electric when
the transistor was announced.  I am an electronic engineer(?) as a hobby
only.

With a vague memory, a Radio Shack catalogue and some wonderful search
engines I have a rough idea of what I want to try.  Draw this:

Top line, left side is the positive DC supply.  Next, going to the right is
a NO contact of the relay.  In parallel with the NO contacts is a NO
momentary push button to start this thing.  In series, going to the right is

an LM334 current regulator (69 cents) with it’s Rset.  Continue to the right

to the positive terminal of your bath.

Bottom line, about two inches below the top line going from the neg. side of

the DC supply all the way to the right to the neg. terminal of the bath.

Between the lines, on the positive bus, after the contacts but before the
LM334 we have the relay coil, a 2N2222 transistor (89 cents) and a current
limiting resistor, R1, in series going to the neg. bus.

Still between the pos. and neg. busses but after the current regulator is a
voltage divider R2, R3.  The junction of R2, R3 is connected to the 2N2222
gate.

I have copies of all the spec sheets run off.  (God, isn’t the Internet a
fabulous source of info.) Plan on going to Radio Shack sometime next week
and get a solderless breadboard, some wire, variable resistors and a half
doz. each of the transistors. (I always plan on blowing at least a few of
them out.)  Then I will go out to the garage (104 degrees in the shade
yesterday) and experiment.

Thought for the day: When I wish to calm myself, I drink distilled water.
(joke)

Erwin