On Sat, 22 Jul 2000 01:19:21 EDT, writety...@aol.com wrote:

>Hi,  I know there are long lists of potential applications for CS but I
>wondered
>if those of you who have been successful would consider creating a thread, if
>such hasn't been done, of your uses and results.  What have you used CS
>for and what was the outcome?

Okay, here are some of our uses.

Spray and gel for acne (on the boys).  Same for rashes (picked up from
nettles, thistles and other plants in the fields).

CS in the water bowls for wild animals seems to have cured a case of
distemper in a raccoon.  It's kept the non-household cats and dogs
from getting it.  (Explanation:  We have 6 cats and 2 dogs, but strays
seem to like it around here.  Our cats and dogs have their shots and
are fixed -- the strays have unknown shot status.)  Several stray cats
showed up with terrible coughs.  All are healthy now.  In addition to
that, CS in the water keeps algae from growing so the water is always
clean (not that the dogs care :)

We use CS on the open wounds that cats seem to get.  That's after
having one cat (a few years ago) with a wound that hadn't healed for
several weeks.  I sprayed the wound with CS for two days -- after that
it didn't need it as it had mostly healed.

I've sprayed CS on many flowering plants and small trees that had
various kinds of infection (fungus, microscopic bugs or whatever -- I
don't know).  The infections went away in all cases.  (I also ran
tests by spraying some plants with CS and others with distilled water.
The CS plants all survived and flourished, the distilled water plants
all died.)

Unfortunately, I can't say that CS has stopped all colds, etc. around
here, as I can't get everyone to consistently use CS.  However, when
the boys start getting a cold, they use CS and the cold goes away.  We
haven't had the flu or other major infections around here in many
years.

If there are spills or animal mishaps around, the areas get sprayed
with CS after everything's cleaned up (don't know if it helps any, but
we've had no problems doing this).

-- Dean -- from (almost) Duh Moines  (CDP, KB0ZDF)