----- Original Message -----
From: <rogalt...@aol.com>

>  Roger,
>
>  You would also need to take into account the silver distribution
>  throughout the body before assigning a tissue concentration.
>
> Ivan:  How would you go about doing this?

Autopsy? Dissection? ;-)
http://risk.lsd.ornl.gov/tox/profiles/silver_f_V1.shtml

>  The distribution will not be even, indeed probably 90%+ will be found
in
>  the liver and kidneys after a short time.
>
> Ivan: Could you briefly explain how the body accomplishes this?
>
>  The initial high excretion rate via the kidneys could well be
indicative
>  of low numbers of metal scavenging enzymes, which increase in number
in
>  the face of increased metal concentrations and move the metal load to
>  the liver and from there to the faeces.
>
> Ivan: Again, a brief elaboration would help me understand what you are
saying.

The body synthesises a number of different metal scavenging proteins and
enzymes, eg metallothioneins and glutamine synthetase, which seem to
have the task of ferrying metal ions (zinc, copper) around the body to
where they are required, and also of capturing metal ions considered
toxic or superfluous and escorting them to the liver for elimination.

The regulation of the production of metallothioneins (MT) is controlled
by a number of physicological factors, including diet and the presence
of metal ions.
MT is also produced in the cells of the gut wall, and have a protective
effect to cronic high metal ingestion, preventing their absorption.

What I am surmising is that, at the beginning of your test period, you
had the normal amount of MT in your system, and so the high silver
content of the blood plasma mostly found its way to the kidneys and was
eliminated in the urine. Further into the test, the biosynthesis of MT
was high and the silver ions were gathered up both in the intestine and
in the body fluids and eliminated in the bile via the liver into the
faeces.

In most studies of the fate of ingested and inhaled silver, 90+% is
found in the faeces.

>  In terms of systemic protection, the silver ions must be able to
react
>  with the pathogen, which means they must be free or bound less
securely
>  to the tissue than they would be to pathogenic cells which happen
along.

> Ivan: Are you saying that systemic protection is difficult to achieve
because
> residual CS is bound too tightly to cells ?

I don't believe that free silver ions are found in the body fluids for
long after ingestion, that the silver, which probably quickly becomes
silver chloride, then would bind with the sulphur groups of proteins in
the blood plasma and so may not be available to react with pathogenic
cells. I should think that within a couple of hours little silver would
remain in the blood stream.

>  I believe the best systemic protection will be found in a little
often.

> Ivan: How much (in mg.) and how often? Please take your time in
answering
> these questions. I know you've got a lot on your plate, but anything
you can
> add to your original comments would help me get a better grasp of how
the
> body interacts with CS in general, and how best to use CS
systemically.

I cant really say Roger, I guess one adjusts the dose to the seriousness
of the infection, maybe 0.25mg every couple of hours. This would be a
theraputic dose, I don't really believe in taking preventative doses.

> Thanks,
>
> Roger

Roger, I am speculating a bit in my answers...It would take an in depth
study to confirm my words or not.
Regards
Ivan.