## All I know for sure is that the dentist was amazed enough to ask what I was doing differently, nearly insisted that I was using that strong flouride toothpaste he gave me regularly [not at all..and don't have flouridated water] and no longer tried to poke that sharp thing into any potential holes. BTW, I told him about CS, gave him a sample and he didn't just look the other way...but hasn't mentioned it again either.
 Ken

At 01:57 PM 8/11/00 -0400, you wrote:
Annex wrote:

> Come on guys,  the CS used as a mouthwash certainly can't "seal" the
> fillings!  More likely, it has killed any of the bacteria, or other
> pathogens
> that cause decay around the fillings!!!!! After all, that is what CS is all
> about.
>
> Bill Biagioli N.M.D.

I wouldn't be too sure.  Fillings are a mixture (actually a solid solution) of
silver and mercury. If you expose an amalgam to mercury, it will dissolve into
the mixture (be absorbed by it) and become part of it.  If you have mercury
which is leeching to the surface, then any CS which contacts the surface should
quickly become almagamated with it, immobolizing it.

I can see a theoretical basis for this, but have no idea if it really happens.

Marshall