From: "Marsha Hallett" <liah...@pacbell.net>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Friday, 25 August 2000 18:08
Subject: Re: CS>Ugh!! What a smell!!!

> I don`t know, but I don`t think I`d ever swallow charcoal, as carbon
is a
> carcinogen.
>  I also wonder about all the carbon dioxide we swallow in soda pop...
> Marsha

Marsha,

I don't think so. Every organic molecule contains carbon, that is all
food etc.
I think you are thinking of burned food, where the carbon based
structures have been altered by heat and may take forms which are
carcinogenic.
Activated charcoal absorbs onto its surface toxins and other molecules
and is non-soluble and much too large to enter the body's system.
There is no danger (as far as I know), other than it may absorb
molecules that the body needs as food etc., but these can always be
replaced.

Ivan