SOTA does not suggest that you use salt while making
CS, but they tell you how to do it if that is your
preference, but they caution against using salt
long-term. Use pure DW the first batch, then make 1/4
of your water pre-made CS. This will reduce the
brewing time by 1/2 to 2/3.

Lastly, CS always has a bitter taste, going from
slightly bitter to nasty bitter. My children won't
drink it staight, but never notice it in milk, juice,
soup, etc.

As far as color is concerned, I feel that clear is
best. My reasoning is that color indicates particle
size big enough to refract light.

The CS I make is always clear with almost no Tyndale.
Bob Berger's testing rates it 12 ppm. My question is,
Is it possible to make yellow or gold CS which also
has no Tyndale? This seems a constradiction, because
if the particles are too small to refract light (no
Tyndale), what's making the color? Any thoughts? I
haven't personally seen colored CS which also has no
Tyndale. Has anyone else?

Terry Wayne

http://mail.yahoo.com/