They simply discharge the zapper on any unresponsive spot a few times a day. The strong electrical signal finds a way through the neural net and winds up in the brain which then ties the intent and input location of the charge to the spot it winds up in. Any part of the brain can do any other parts job..it just needs learn that it should. It's sort of a signal for the brain to "look over here".
 Ken

At 08:09 AM 9/3/00 -0700, you wrote:
Ode, do you know any more about the procedure the stroke victims use to
reestablish these neural pathways?  pj