If indeed argyria is caused by the ingestion of large-particle silver, then it
stands that large
particles will, in fact, absorb through the stomach and/or intestinal wall.
Therefore, any
assumption that high-ppm CS won't be absorbed is fallacious. There has to be
more to the
story than ppm.

Sam Earle

> "Willie L. Forbes" wrote:
>
> > I have heard that the higher the ppm is the better the CS quality. I have
> > an associate who
claims he is using 500 ppm which is suppose to be much better for you
therapeuticly. He
claims that the 5ppm is not enough to have any value health wise, and that you
would have to
consume much much more to have any real effect.
> > I don't know this is all new to me. Can someone help?
> >
> > Willie L. Forbes
> >

> Not so.  There is a peak in the effectiveness for internal use which is
> fairly broad from 5 to
about 20 ppm.  AT 5 ppm you have virtually 100% bsorption into the blood
stream, and
once you get above 7 to 8 ppm normally you start getting larger particles,
instead of more
particles.  What is important is the amount of
> surface area, and as the particles get larger more of the silver ends up
> inside where it can
do no good.  Also as the particles get larger the become too large to be
absorbed through
the stomach wall.  Therefore for the maximum value 5 ot 20 ppm is likley the
best range, with
5ppm being the most stable.

> 20 ppm is probably best for external use since absorption through the stomach
> wall is
irrelevent.