Thanks for the concern Ole Bob,

The spark plug doesn't sound like it's working out, but I wasn't going to get
one anyway until I at least know what it was intended for.  That's why I asked
about it.  Just wanted more info, that's all.  I'm learning rapidly about CS
production and don't want to get too quickly carried away .

Everything I've heard from people who have made HVAC ARC CS mentioned the
danger of fires and shock, so I'm going to try real hard to avoid that part of
the learning process.  The two main problems I can see, (please add to these if
necessary) is:

1)  high resistance conections which translate into excessive heat - hence
fires or damaged insulation and shorting.  Distance/separation from the bare
high voltage conductors and rated insulation on the rest of the conductors is
the best safegaurd here.  The sources for neon sign transformers all sell the
high voltage cable.  An ohmeter can identify any high resistance connections
before they cause a problem.

the transformer sits at full open circuit voltage for a time.  Overheating in
the transformer can occur and at best the transformer open circuits and quits
working.  Here, don't leave the unit unnattended for any length of time and
adjust the arc frequently during production/evaporation of the water.  Keeping
the two secondary leads apart prevents shorting, fires, and overloading the
transformer .

I share the concern for peoples' safety first and foremost.  Secondly, CS
specifically and alternative health in general don't need any problems caused
by ignorance and half-cocked attempts.  If you think this needs to be taken
off-list for this reason that would be fine with me.

Vince Richter