Hi Duncan,

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000 11:20:56 -0800, "Duncan Crow"
<duncanc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>The point is that it still contains the salts and trace minerals needed by
>our bodies, in approximately the correct amounts, while the refined and
>iodized stuff only has sodium, iodine, and chlorine left...
>
>Sea salt is an important part of keeping a healthy electrolytic balance in
>your system.

I don't disagree with any of that *when the salt is for internal use.*

But we were discussing use of salt to create a saline solution from
CS, which is essentially external use and is intended to reduce the
natural tears and mucus (which would wash away the CS).

We don't want a healthy electrolytic balance when making a
non-stinging CS for external use.

Sea salt contains iodine, copper, aluminum, lead and lots of other
minerals in trace amounts.  It probably wouldn't hurt when used
externally (enough people swim in the ocean :)  but is unneeded for
making an external saline solution from CS.

>Refined salt is practically useless, and comparatively dangerous.  Besides,
>Sea salt is cheap, almost the same price.

Around here, good sea salt costs 10 times more than generic,
non-iodized salt.

-- Dean -- from (almost) Duh Moyn  (CDP, KB0ZDF)