Ted,
CS and saline mix just fine. Remember, our bodies are
full of saline solution. Depending on your batch, CS
can sting the eye or not. I would use saline and warm
it up slightly before using it in my kids eyes, just
because you may only get that one chance.

Marshall,
Yes, the particles are bigger if CS is overcooked, but
I have seen no evidence at all that it is toxic,
dangerous, or even less effective. I still tend to
believe that particle size is irrelevant to the
effectiveness of CS or to its safety when made
electrically. Once again, if mechanically ground up
silver particles, stirred into water and drunk, were
effective against pathogens, I don't see how it would
even be possible to make big enough particles to be
any concern in CS which is made electrically. Though I
am not advocating making and drinking dark brown CS,
neither have I seen any evidence to reject it.

Somebody needs to do what Roger Altman did when he
tested excretion rates, but using brown, large
particle CS. If there was no difference in the
excretion rates, wouldn't that mean that the large
particles were passing through the body as easy as the
small particles CS?

Terry Wayne

http://shopping.yahoo.com/