Thanks Marshall for the suggestion.

I just assembled the jar lid with no cleaning as if it were to be used to make
CS and applied the HVAC.  No current on the meter and the voltage was 12 kv.

I in examining  the surfaces I saw no evidence of a sputtering. I know what
one looks like as I have done sputtering when with Western Electric semi con
division.

"Ole Bob"