this has a little bit about rape seed in it.  Don't touch the stuff Hanan.
I wanted to know about the hardened coconut oil I buy.  I wanted to know if
it is the same thing as the liquid?  Its like a big block of white fat.
Does it change its properties when hardened I wonder.

> Canola Oil
>
> Recently I bought a cooking oil that's new to our supermarkets, Canola
Oil.
> I tried it because the label assured me it was lowest in "bad" fats.
>
> However, when I had used half the bottle, I concluded that the label told
me
> surprisingly little else and I started to wonder: Where does canola oil
come
> from?
>

> Olive oil comes from olives, peanut oil from peanuts, sunflower oil from
> sunflowers; but what is a canola?  There was nothing on the label to
> enlighten me, which I thought odd.  So, I did some investigating on the
> Internet.  There are plenty of official Canola sites lauding this new
> "wonder" oil with all its low-fat health benefits.  It takes a little
longer
> to find sites that tell the less palatable details.  Here are just a few
> facts everyone should know before buying anything containing canola.
>
> Canola is not the name of a natural plant but a made-up word,from the
words
> "Canada" and "oil." Canola is a genetically engineered plant developed in
> Canada from the Rapeseed Plant, which is part of the mustard family of
plants.

> According to AgriAlternatives, The Online Innovation, and Technology
Magazine
> [...]
>
> Rape oil, it seems, causes emphysema, respiratory distress, anemia,
> constipation, irritability, and blindness in animals and humans.  Rape oil
> was widely used in animal feeds in England and Europe between 1986 and
1991,
> when it was thrown out.
>
> Remember the "Mad Cow disease" scare, when millions of cattle in the UK
were
> slaughtered in case of infecting humans?  Cattle were being fed on a
mixture
> containing material from dead sheep, and sheep suffer from a disease
called
> "scrapie." It was thought this was how "Mad Cow" began and started to
> infiltrate the human chain.  What is interesting is that when rape oil was
> removed from animal feed, 'scrapie' disappeared.  We also haven't seen any
> further reports of "Mad Cow" since rape oil was removed from the feed.
> Perhaps not scientifically proven, but interesting all the same.
>

> US and Canadian farmers grow genetically engineered rapeseed and
> manufacturers use its oil (canola) in thousands of processed foods,with
the
> blessings of Canadian and US government watchdog agencies.  The canola
> supporting websites say that canola is safe to use.  They admit it was
> developed from the rapeseed, but insist that through genetic engineering
it
> is no longer rapeseed, but "canola" instead.  Except canola means"Canadian
> oil"; and the plant is still a rape plant,albeit genetically modified.
>
> The new name provides perfect cover for commercial interests wanting to
make
> millions.  Look at the ingredients list on labels.  Apparently peanut oil
is
> being replaced with rape oil.
>
> You'll find it in an alarming number of processed foods.  There's more,
but
> to conclude: rape oil was the source of the chemical warfare agent mustard
> gas, which was banned after blistering the lungs and skins of hundred of
> thousands of soldiers and civilians during W.W.I.  Recent French reports
> indicate that it was again in use during the Gulf War.
>
> Check products for ingredients.  If the label says, "may contain the
> following" and lists canola oil, you know it contains canola oil because
it
> is the cheapest oil and the Canadian government subsidizes it to
industries
> involved in food processing.
>

> I don't know what you'll be cooking with tonight, but I'll be using olive
oil
> and old-fashioned butter, from a genetically unmodified cow.  Here is more
> information..........  Canola oil from the rape seed, referred to as the
> Canadian oil because Canada is mainly responsible for it being marketed in
> the USA.  The Canadian government and industry paid our Federal Food and
Drug
> Administration (FDA).  $50 million dollars to have canola oil placed on
the
> (GRAS) List "Generally Recognized As Safe."Thus a new industry was
created.
> Laws were enacted affecting international trade, commerce, and traditional
> diets.  Studies with lab. animals were disastrous.  Rats developed fatty
> degeneration of heart, kidney, adrenals, and thyroid gland.  When canola
oil
> was withdrawn from their diets, the deposits dissolved but scar tissue
> remained on all vital organs.  No studies on humans were made before money
> was spent to promote Canola oil in the USA. Adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD)is a
> rare fatal degenerative disease caused by a build up long-chain fatty
acids
> (c22 to c28)
> which destroys the myelin (protective sheath) of the nerves.
>
> Canola oil is a very long chain fatty acid oil (c22).  Those who will
defend
> canola oil say that the Chinese and Indians have used it for centuries
with
> no effect, however it was in an unrefined form.  (*taken from FATS THAT
HEAL