In a message dated 4/27/01 3:13:37 PM EST, liaho...@home.com writes:

<< Subj:     Re: CS>Update on the Solubility of Silver and Selected Silver
Alloys in DW
 Date:  4/27/01 3:13:37 PM EST
 From:  liaho...@home.com (Marsha Hallett)
 To:    silver-list@eskimo.com

 > Subj:   Update on the Solubility of Silver and Selected Silver Alloys in
 DW

 Dear Roger,
 You know, I`d be interested to know if silver really is soluble in wine, as
 it seems that most of the folks who survived the Black Plague were the
 Royals and the Nobility, who by and large drank from silver vessels. Be
 interesting to find that out...
 Marsha

Marsha: It's not at all difficult to run these tests. Any volunteers? The
results so far indicate that it's the metallic impurities in silver that
influence solubility in water. In a short time we'll find out if silver
actually dissolved in water, or (more likely) was it the less noble metallic
impurities. Roger