Jim Meissner wrote:

> Dear Marshall:
>
> Your information is very useful and informative.  Thank you very much!
>
> I found a Pet Warehouse catalog in my files.  They list a AQUAZONE corona
> discharge model for $139, and an OZOTECH cold plasma corona discharge one
> for $299.  Which one should I get, or do you have another suggestion?

Check Beck's stuff, he give guideline as to what you need, it must make ozone
fast enough, so you need to check that spec.

> The AquaZone Plus has an ORP monitor for the fish tank to regulate the ozone
> levels.  What can you tell me about ORP?  I noticed that the Flanagan
> "microhydrin water" was "proven" using ORP measurements.  What can you tell
> me about that?

ORP is oxidation reduction potential.  The instrument is used to measure the
water quality, if you have a lot of organic matter it will be heavily reducing,
and if all that is burned out with ozone, and you have free ozone, or H2O2 for
that matter, then it will be oxidizing.  Either is bad for an aquarium, so it is
very important to use this device when ozonating an aquarium.  However for
ozonating water for you use, the instrument is of no value that I know of,
except it might be able to indicate how much ozone you have in the water, if it
doesn't over-range.

Marshall