  From: A.V.R.A
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Tuesday, 8 May 2001 08:07
  Subject: Re: CS>bentonite (OT)

  Via sorption, the clay holds the substances to it's own surface, and carries
it out of the body - that is why it is often effective at curtailing a herx
effect.  The body's immune system/elimination system does not then have to deal
with the substance, and bentonite is inert unless it's acting on organs.  When
it does act on organs, the action is a detoxification.

  Dr. Christopher at one time, in order to answer questions about the
possibility of aluminum contamination from bentonite, ingested fairly large
amounts of bentonite over a period of time, and then had blood work/hair
analysis done.  Not only was there no aluminum, but ZERO other heavy metals as
well.

  Of course, under certain circumstances the clays action is reversed.  If a
clay becomes over-contaminated with substances, it "eminates them" ( for lack
of a better word ).  This effect can be harnessed in natural medicine as well.
The caution is that one does not want to be exposed to a bentonite that has
been heavily contaminated with undesireable substances.