Gage:

About the highest ( estimated ) strength CS I've used is 50ppm.  I don't think
sludge is necessary.  Wounds that refuse to heal are "a different kind of
animal".  I'm not certain if this is an open wound, or how deep it is, but the
key here is to take a soaked dressing, apply it to the entire wound, and keep
it saturated with CS.  Especially if it is a deep wound, don't let this
dressing dry!

Alternately, a rather thin cylinderal container that will completely cover the
wound with about 1/6" diameter "left over" can be filled, to the absolute rim (
this is important ), and applied with light pressure.  The idea here, of
course, is to be sure the container itself is not touching any damaged tissue.
It must be filled virtually to the point of overflowing, with no air at all in
the container once it is applied.  What one is after here is increased forced
adsorption of the CS. ( hmm 3 inches in diameter?  might not be feasible )

For external use, I've always been of the mind that a higher PPM solution might
be more effective.  However, somewhere one must reach a balance - one doesn't
want such a strong solution that one is left without ions.

If these wounds are a byproduct of a diabetic condition, or low oxygen content
in the bloodstream, than patience will certainly be called for.  It is also
wise to start using the colloidal silver internally as well.

The type, depth of the wound, and the state of the diseased tissue, are
variables that help determine how long a single application should be
sustained. I'm operating almost off of the assumption here that these wounds
are open.  A dressing will need to be changed relatively often if the wound
drains.  One wants to avoid having the dressing adhere to tissues.  This can be
avoided by prompt dressing changes, and keeping the dressing itself moist.

The idea here, at any rate, is that simply spraying colloidal silver every once
in awhile is not likely to do the trick.