Listers,
When I was 24, I had some sores on my neck that
wouldn't heal. I went to the doctor, and he diagnosed
them as an allergic reaction, and gave me a steroid
cream. I went home and applied the cream just before
bed. I woke up the next day with all of my head, neck,
shoulders, half-way down my chest and back covered
with hundreds of herpes cold sores (Herpes Simplex I).
I was in Stanford hospital in Palo Alto, CA for a
week, always desperate for the next Codeine pill to
give me relief from the pain. The doctors had no idea
what to do about this virus, so they brought in an
infrared lamp, had me sign some papers promising not
to sue them if I got skin cancer, and gave me daily
tanning sessions. It seemed to work, and 5 days later
I went home.

For the next 27 years, about 3-4 times per year, I
would break out with cold sores on my face and neck,
and if I didn't respond quickly, they would spread
like fire. I discovered that if I took large amounts
of L-lysine (an amino acid), 5-6,000 mg/day, the sores
would disappear in 4-5 days.

Two years ago I started drinking 4-6 oz of CS per day.
I have not had one cold sore in the last 2 years (nor
one cold, either).

Good enough for me.

Terry