I would like to see this paper, I believe it was presented in one of the
dermatology journals, Cutis Nov 2000.

I notice that the abstract in part says,
"This case report highlights the potential for toxicity following the use of
dietary supplements and demonstrates the importance of physician inquiry
regarding alternative medicines. Finally, we examine the limited role of the
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in regulating alternative medicines
marketed as dietary supplements."

and thereby becomes an opinion piece rather than a scientific document, and
I wouldn't be surprised if it was somewhat biased ;-)

Ivan.