> I would not advise that.  Poison ivy is caused by an oil from the plant that
> ends up on the skin. DMSO will take it directly into the inside of the body
> with possibly severe results.>>

Years ago, I received a kitten that had ringworm. I didn't even know what RW
was and the vet advised me about keeping him apart, hand washing, etc. Well..
the RW spread to a litter of 6 wk kittens I had at the time. They only had a
few spots each.. not too bad.  Someone suggested I try DMSO on the RW spots.
I was already familiar with DMSO as we used it on the horses.  I swabbed the
RW on and by the next day these little kittens were covered with RW.  I was
shocked... I will assume the DMSO took the RW in and spread it systemically.
Not sure if adding CS would have helped or not.  Theres just some skin
conditions you don't want to use DMSO... at least by itself.
Terri L.