Fear not Listers (at least those of you who are concerned about the poisons
in their so called vaccines):

There is a web site which addresses those of us in the US who want to avoid
this government infringement into family life
<http://www.tetrahedron.org/articles/vaccine_awareness/state-exempt.html>.

To save you a click, I have pasted the meat of the text here:
---------------------------
A State-by-State Summary of Vaccine Exemptions:

Medical Exemption: All states permit a medical exemption to "mandatory"
vaccinations when a medical doctor certifies that a vaccine is
containdicated for the individual. (Most doctors refuse to sign a medical
waiver.)

Religious Exemption: All states, except Mississippi and West Virginia,
permit a religious exemption. However, some states are more strict than
others regarding the precise requirements to exempt your children from the
vaccines.

Philosophical Exemption (or Conscientious Objection): The following states
are the least likely to harass parents who are opposed to vaccines for their
children: AZ, CA, CO, ID, IN, LA, ME, MI, MN, NE, ND, OH, OK, UT, VT, WA,
WI.
I live in Colorado. I have a friend who still has kids in the public school
system. He tells me that he simply quit giving his kids the vaccines, and
signed a waiver on the back of the health forms for the schools, and so far
- no problem.

For home schoolers - no problem there either. Then it's simply a matter of
keeping the camel's nose out of the tent.