The CS, of course, did its usual fine job of preventing infection,
which, by itself, is enough to speed healing.
Comments?>>

Mike,
Am a little behind in email but just read your about your sons burn.  I have
personally used CS for burns from the oven.  Pain was relieved quickly and
went on to heal barely noticeable.
Heres another thought about cold water and burns and anyone feel free to
comment as I'm not an expert in Kneippism but have read about it.  I'm sure
some of you are familiar with the water cures of Father Kneipp(Germany
1800's) as it is practiced in Europe extensively. (Cold showers, lake
dipping, etc)  Cold water emersion is used to warm the body extremities,
body, etc. The thought is that is  if  your are cold to immerse or get into
cold water for a short time then wrap up in clothing, blankets, etc. which
will produce great warmth within a short time.  Kneipp says that by using
cold water on feet, arms, body, etc. the brain perceives this as needing to
send "warmth" to the area via circulation. I think encouraging circulation to
any area of trama is good.  Not sure when running a burned area of the skin
under cold water would be the best using the Kneipp beliefs but I have done
cold water for burns myself as it seems, for the moment, to bring about some
relief.  Does it encourage heat though when wrapped afterwards?
I liked the idea of clay on the area, but have never tried it.
Thoughts from any practicing Kneippers out there?

Terri L.