Hi,

A couple of folks have asked for more detailed guidance in how to join
the silver-off-topic-l...@yahoogroups.com

That list has a home page at:

You can read the description of the list and follow recent messages
from that page. At the very bottom of the page is the list of addresses
that the mailing list uses...

Group Email Addresses:

Post message: silver-off-topic-l...@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  silver-off-topic-list-subscr...@yahoogroups.com

If you use these, you can subscribe to the list without being a Yahoo!
member. Just send a message to the list-subscribe address and they will
send you a confirmation e-mail that you must reply to. At that point
you'll start getting messages from the list.

If you're a Yahoo! member, you can change your settings to select
no-mail or digest version by clicking on the "Edit my membership" link
at the right side of the page.

I don't know if there's any way to change your settings if you're not a
Yahoo! member. If someone wants to check that out and let me know, I'd
appreciate it.

To become a Yahoo! member, you'll need to click on the "Join this
group" link. That'll lead you through setting up a Yahoo! user id and
password.

Once you've registered, make sure you record your user name and
password somewhere you can get it back when six months down the road
you need to change something... <sigh>

Now you should be able to visit the off-topic-list home page and adjust
your settings as you prefer.

There are 84 members already, as it turns out, so you won't be alone.

I hope that helps.

Be well,

Mike D.