John,
I'm sorry to be writing you publicly on the list, but since my computer
locks up whenever I hit "reply" to one of your messages, or try to write you
personally, my only recourse has been to delete all your messages from my
email program, exit and then re-enter my email program, and write you a note
on the list.

Remember that funny little window I mentioned? (I THINK I mentioned this on
the CS list before.) It appears when I either open your mail or even PASS BY
one of your notes to the list. It tries to download something related to
Japanese characters. No matter what I do to try to stop it, the only way I
can get rid of it is to exit the email program and then re-enter. Sometimes
my computer freezes and I have to reboot.

I just thought you might want to know this, in case you can do anything
about it on your end, and in case this is happening with anyone else.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to read any of your messages on the list.

I am expecting a new email program--perhaps it won't happen with Eudora--but
considering the state of the mail, who knows when I'll get it.

I hope things are going along well in your part of the world.

Peace,
Nina