<<I would not, however, send them here to be introduced to the
 loony toons of UFO's, crop circles, conspiracy theories and other off
topic and off the planet subjects. They would likely and justly relate
 us to these topics.>>

Hi all,
I just want to comment on the gentlemens remarks above.  I think in order for
anyone to go to a CS site, they either have or are developing an open mind.
I have an open mind, thats what led me to CS in the first place and then to
this list.  I'm not a techie and all I can post are the experiences  I have
had from taking/ applying CS.  Having an open mind also has included reading
about UFO's, crop circles, herbs, Nessie, O. B. E.s,  and even the little man
in FL. where I used to live not too far from.  I don't think that makes me
looney or the hordes of people I know who also look into some of the same
subjects.  In fact, some of my friends feel CS is the "looney" subject and
the rest matter-of-factly.
I feel I have experienced the ravage of a closed mind individual... I hope he
stays 1,000's of miles away and doesn't terrorize us again!
I realize we get off topic occasionally but it provides a little relief for
me from the tech talk. I don't mind the tech talk.. I sift through it and
figure I'll be able to enjoy the end result... better CS! I think this list
has a symbiotic relationship.. it creates an ebb an flow on the list.
 I'm on a few lists and all of them went through a little letting off of
steam after 9/11.  I'm glad you were tolerable(open minded) with that Mike,
as many think of this list as family or "safe" and can express their fears,
feelings, etc.
C-hicken S-oup for the soul...

Mike, from a non techie, I enjoy the list and think you do a great job
(applaud)!
JMO
Terri L.