Roger,
I volunteer to be an enthusiastic observer, fearing that if I put myself
forward as a student I will slow others down. My wife tries occasionally
to get me playing squash with her, but soon finds out that when we do do
this together she doesn't feel rewarded. It's much the same, hard for me
to keep my eye on the ball.

Maybe you could say you now have three and a half people. On second
thought you could just say 'four people' as long as you recognized that
this one is severely handicapped. Way back when, I did lots of math,
chemistry, physics and engineering subjects, all related to ceramics,
but this was by the brute force method. The fact is that I am
predisposed to the art side of the brain. I did learn a lot in these
subjects, but two semesters of P. Chem, Phase Equilibria, and a few
other subjects were way above my head.

I'll be able to follow what you're doing with the students, but I may
not ask the most intelligent questions.  By the way, thanks a lot for
doing this. Even where you stand with it now I think it's been an
invaluable contribution to shaping the dynamic of the list.
Reid

Roger said:
It's not as hard as you think. If we can get a handful of people
together, I'll guide you through the mental process
behind doing equilibria calculations. These really were my favorite type
of calculations in my early days. I even taught
it about 30 years ago.  It's really quite interesting, and I guarantee
you'll learn a lot. If we can round up 3 or more
"students", I'll be happy to explain how these calculations are made,
step by step. Roger