You should realize that each newbie asks the same questions over and over
and it takes quite a bit of time to reiterate. Some people still take the
hours to answer those basic questions.  It's not a question of brushing off
a newbie or sharing with a new comer. It's simple courtesy to try the
archives first.
 "I searched the archives and couldn't find..." is a very good start to
asking a general question and getting a response.
Ken