> Mike Devour said:
> Honestly, I'd bet the silver would work whether or not it kept the
> initial (alleged) colloidal particle charge, Reid. Even drying the
> colloid probably dumps the silver back to the ground state.....
>
> ....You are attempting to use a lower firing to "set" the silver in
> place by baking to above the metal's melting point. The kiln is a simple
> one run on locally available fuel? A reducing is made by choking the air
> supply, which produces soot, of course.

This may be a little late to jump into the discussion, but a friend of mine
sells a water electrolysis unit that instead of using UV to clean the water
(as the competitive brand does), has a silver filter. When discussing the
comparative merits of the two units, he mentioned to me that his silver
filter unit was sent out to Hulda Clark for testing. "I figured this was
it," he wrote me, "since Clark is famous for not liking very much of the
products she gets for testing. To my complete surprise, my unit passed with
flying colors. And it also cleaned the water."

So this is an example of non-ionic silver doing a good job of water
cleaning. Just thought you'd like to know.

Nina