A.V.R.A. wrote:

> According to Peter Lindemann ( whom I personally view as a good source of
> information for more than just CS ), adding salt as a primer results in
> particles sized from .05 to .14 microns, as determined from electon
> microscope photography.  Particles this size, according to Peter, are too
> large to form a colloidal suspension.

Peter Lindemann's information has numerous scientific flaws.

>  particles sized from .05 to .14 microns

That would be 50 to 140 nanometer sized particles, which are not too large to
form a colloidal suspension. Colloidal suspension can be formed by particles
up to 1000 nm.

 >Properly made
> Ag(e) should contain particles approximately 0.01 to 0.001 microns in
> diameter (1 micron=one millionth of a meter, or 4/100,000 inch). At this
> tiny size, each particle is a cluster of perhaps 5-20 Silver atoms, with a
> positive electric charge."

A 1 nanometer diameter particle (0.001 microns) consists of 31 atoms, not 5. A
10 nm particle (0.010 micron) particle consists of 30978 atoms, not 20.

See the table at: http://www.silver-colloids.com/Tables/Agradvolarea.PDF

Silver particles have a NEGATIVE charge, not POSITIVE charge. Ions have a
positive charge. See the paper "Ions, Atoms and Charged Particles" at:

http://www.silver-colloids.com/Papers/IonsAtoms&ChargedParticles.PDF

frank key