It's better to make it colorless to start with by reducing the current
[by reducing the voltage] as you go [remove a battery every now and then,
twist a potentiometer, add current control circuit] and/...or [up to a
point if the voltage/current is not reduced] inducing a stirring effect
with a small heat source or mechanical stirrer of some sort.  It doesn't
take much, just keep the water moving some.
 A couple of drops of 3% per 8 oz should clear it up overnight. If that
doesn't do it, add a drop or two more.  Too much and you won't want to use
it [tastes REALLY NASTY!!!]
Ken