>I had a batch of CS that I had overcooked and
>"burned", and it had turned dark gold, almost brown. I
>added (in one quart of CS) 5-6 drops of H2O2, and
>within minutes the CS was crystal clear. I thought
>this was wonderful, but the next day, I could see a
>layer of fine grey powder on the bottom of the jar.

Perhaps the chemists online can comment on this.

Adding H2O2 to CS will form Silver Peroxide?

I read that AgO is insoluble in water but will dissolve by adding
some NaOH.

NaOH is used to buffer Oxygen products like NaClO. Maybe, just maybe,
adding a little bit of NaOH might help to buffer the CS? This is a
stab in the dark so dont hate me if I'm wrong and do so at your own
risk.