On Wed, 10 Oct 2001 23:04:46 +0000, M. G. Devour wrote:

=>>  The above calculation is for a single elecrode.  Most use 2 so
to get
=>> the actual current density of your setup you will need to divide
the
=>> calculated current density by 2 which would give a current
density of
=>> 500 uA per mm^2.
=>
=>Err, George? Both electrodes are passing the same current, so I
don't
=>think you need this last step... I would think only the anode
surface
=>area need be calculated.

The current is flowing through BOTH the anode and cathode and is
equally distributed (assuming they are the same in all dimensions),
therefore:

Total current / total surface area = (total) current density.
Double the surface area, no change in current = 1/2 the current
density.  Same result as if you had doubled the length of a single
conductor.

Regards,
George Martin

=>
=>Other than that, it makes sense. <smile>
=>
=>Be well,
=>
=>Mike D.
=>[Mike Devour, Citizen, Patriot, Libertarian]
=>[mdev...@eskimo.com                        ]
=>[Speaking only for myself...               ]
=>
=>
=>--
=>The silver-list is a moderated forum for discussion of colloidal
silver.
=>
=>To join or quit silver-list or silver-digest send an e-mail
message to:
=>silver-list-requ...@eskimo.com  -or-
silver-digest-requ...@eskimo.com
=>with the word subscribe or unsubscribe in the SUBJECT line.
=>
=>To post, address your message to: silver-list@eskimo.com
=>Silver-list archive:
http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/index.html