From: "Marshall Dudley" <mdud...@execonn.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 7:09 AM
Subject: Re: CS>Physician Warns of Possible Side Effects When Nebulizing CS

rogalt...@aol.com wrote:

> List: I had a (too) short conversation with my physician daughter (she
> gets very cranky whenever I bring up CS) who was predictably
> distraught to here that I intended to use a nebulizer to administer CS
> for various ailments including anthrax. She said something about the
> osmotic pressure in lung tissue could be disrupted by nebulizing CS.
> Would someone please explain what she was talking about, and second,
> would those who have used CS in a nebulizer please let us know how
> long you've been nebulizing CS, and if you have ever suffered any side
> effects. Thanks Roger

She is saying that the water will cause the saline wetting of the lung
tissue to be diluted, thus causing the cells to absorb more water and
possibly cause some type of problem.

This is pure nonsense.  The amount of water in the colloidal spray is so
slight that it is virtually invisible.  It evaporates spontaneously in
less than a second.  If this were a problem then taking a walk in a
heavy fog would be deadly, since the amount of water breathed into the
lungs would be many times that from the nebulizer, and out species would
have died out long ago.  Heck people can "drown" and be revived after
getting the water out of the lungs and be fine.

Marshall