I'll answer this publicly, since we've got quite a few new folks who
may have similar questions...

Laura wrote:
> First questions.. will I be receiving a "digest" of posts
> or is there a place to select that setting? Or will I receive
> individual email posts for each reply?

You are signed up for the regular list, Laura, which means individual
mails. To get the digest you'll have to subscribe to it and unsubscribe
from the list version.

To subscribe to the digest, start a *new* e-mail (don't reply to this
one!) with the word "subscribe" in the SUBJECT line. Send it to the
DIGEST command address at:

silver-digest-requ...@eskimo.com

To unsubscribe from the list, once you get your first digest and decide
it'll work for you, start a *new* e-mail with the word 'unsubscribe' in
the SUBJECT line and send it to the LIST command address at:

silver-list-requ...@eskimo.com

If you want to go back in the other direction, I'll leave it to you to
figure out the system and run reverse the above! <grin>

Ask me if you need any help.

> Also, is there a place I can go to and read archives - selectively by
> subject line - to learn a bit about what's already been discussed?

The archives for the list are at:

http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/index.html

> I know in some cases it seems like people have to repeat the same
> information over and over, so archived posts would be ideal for
> those of us who might have time to browse occasionally. :)

Thank you, that's thoughtful of you.

I know the regulars are probably starting to feel swamped from
answering so many startup questions. We *are* working to get some
FAQ's and basic generator instructions put up on a web site, but it's
at least a week or two away. Hang in there folks!

Maybe, some of our regulars would like to hold a Q&A session for all
the new folks at once? Invite questions and try to give unconfusing
answers? <grin>

Thanks all,

Mike Devour
silver-list owner