Hi all,

I've finally got my new system running, too early to check results.
It is adapted from the higher voltage, current controlled circuit that Steve
Young kindly posted to the list. He also very generously answered a heap of
my questions along the way, thanks Steve!

My generator uses a full bridge rectified power (initially 170 vdc) with my
first current run set at 3.1 ma. I'm using 3mm square electrodes, 140mm
wetted length and 50mm apart. I'm using an air bubbler, set on medium-low,
for water movement. I'm actually running six circuits, from the same power
source, to six 1 litre jars (I don't know why I'm running six instead of one
larger container :-)

There is a moderate buildup of silver on the cathodes which I'd prefer not
to have. I'll check it out with a reduced current later but I'd like to
know:

Would using a round stainless-steel cathode instead of the square silver one
reduce this buildup?

Regards,

Mike F.