I still don't understand why anyone would use
batteries (except for portability) that get weak and
run down when one or even several DC adapters
daisy-chained together will give you constant power
and never run down. Also, the long initial brew time
that takes up 1/3 to 1/2 of the brewing time can be
eliminated if you just add about 1/4 CS to your DW (2
oz CS + 6 oz DW to make 8 oz., or 8 oz CS + 24 oz DW
to make one quart). In my case, it's one quart CS + 3
quarts DW to make one gallon CS. Since you're making
CS, adding Cs as a "starter" cannot harm anything in
the least, but it certainly shortens the brewing time.

Terry Chamberlin

Build your own website for free and in minutes at http://ca.geocities.com