I have been growing and selling kombucha commercially for the last several
years. I also take both K-T and CS. The are not compatible if taken at the
same time The CS will Kill the kombucha mushroom. What happens is that the
kombucha will no longer produce another mushroom or ferment the tea.

What I recommend is to take the CS at night and the K-T during the day at
mealtime.

The affect of K-T is to aid digestion and thereby help one's overall health.
Although K-T is acidic with a pH of about 2.5 it is an alkaline forming food
in the body. So once it aids digestion the continuing affects of K-T is
through the lymphatic system and blood system in removing stored toxins from
the body. This is as  viewed by Traditional Chinese Medicine, which is my
expertise.  CS in the system neutralizes pathogens (as well as K-T in the
stomach) but does not "remove" them. When taking K-T or CS I recommend to
take 1/2 of your body weight in ounces of pure fresh water daily. If one
weights 100 pounds then one  should drink 50 ounces of water. This is really
necessary to remove the toxins. This "new" release of toxins is often
thought as a healing crisis. These "new" toxins if not carried out via
urine, stool or sweat will come out through the skin which naturally
respires the accumulated excess toxins.
for more information, perceived benefits, analysis and brewing tips click on
http://www.happyherbalist.com/information.htm
Kombucha Pictures online at http://www.happyherbalist.com/pictures.htm

BTW, kombucha is another one of those things like CS, easy to make at home,
cheap to make and often people will willingly - for various reasons - pay a
lot of money for. I belong to several kombucha lists where people do give
away kombucha's for free if anyone is interested contact me off list.

Ed Kasper L.Ac., Acupuncturist & Medicinal Herbalist
http://HappyHerbalist.com  kombu...@happyherbalist.com