Dear Damian,
                I have observed, with interest, several postings on the
list.....that Colloidal Silver is an excellent fungicide.  This has not been
our experience.  Several years ago we conducted some efficacy tests for CS
against 10 specimens of "garden-variety" type fungi.
We used concentrations between 5 ppm and 10ppm.  Complete control resulted
in one case, moderate control in one case......and almost no control in 8
cases.  We did not conduct follow-up tests and our control standards were
minimal.  However, we concluded that---for whatever reason---CS is not a
reliable fungicide or algicide.  Whether or not....over time....it is a
fungistatic, I cannot say......as we did not conduct extended population
counts to verify UP or DOWN population movements.  This was not a genuine
scientific study and parametric control could not be claimed.
                However, simultaneously-conducted bacteria and virus-based
evaluations (with parametric controls) yielded 100% pathogenic control
results......sometimes in concentrations as low as .025 ppm/
                I am somewhat puzzled as to the claims of CS being a
powerful fungicide.  It would be of considerable value to learn of
successful experiments conducted by any list members......or any research
organization.  We would be quite interested to learn the exact nature of any
successful protocol where CS was an effective "stand-alone" fungi control.
                    We have found H202 (in low concentrations [ 1%] ) to be
quite effective in controlling algae and a wide range of fungi-----most
especially anaerobic or near-anaerobic types.  Chlorine-based solutions have
demonstrated (to us) to be exceptionally
powerful in subjugating all fungi and algae......we have tested.
Unfortunately, the human health impact of chlorine-containing solutions do
not augur well;  therefore, wisdom seems to dictate their use ONLY in
non-potable water circumstances.
                       Thi has just been our experience in a single set of
circumstances and does not constitute any form of reliable, repeatable
evidence.
                        Sincerely,  Brooks Bradley.