In a message dated 2001-11-16 11:42:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
g...@island.net writes:

> Hmmmmm...
> That's a very interesting comment..Would an ultrasonic humidifier
> produce good quality "Distilled Water"???...
>                       Grant..

hI:

No it likely wouldn't.  When I lived in a dry apartment, I used tap water in
an ultrasonic humidifier.  It always coated the furniture with fine dust.
When the water evaporates, the mineral content falls out of the air. When I
used distilled water in it, it didn't happen.  Also, the inducers are often
made of metal.  Mine was and when I left the CS in it overnight, the silver
plated out on the metal inducer.  So if you use an ultrasonic humidifier to
breath from, take the CS out afterwards and use fresh each time.  Hope this
is helpful.

Centrifugal vaporizors work with CS but the droplets are larger and I don't
think they go as deep but it would sure go to the bronchi.

Seems to me either one would produce a fine silver dust that would settle if
you left them on for long and used them often.

Ian