Buckminister Fullerene was the inventor of the geodesic dome.  The same design
is found on a soccer ball.  It is made up of hexagons and pentagons in an
interlocking pattern forming a sphere.  There are normally either 60 or 70
vertexes in the pattern.

If you take carbon atoms and place one at each vertex then you will have a
carbon "ball" with 60 or 70 atoms in it.  It is extremely stable, and has some
unusual properties.  It was initially theorized they would make a good
lubricant, but it does not. But being hollow, atoms or small molecules can be
inserted inside of them, which leads to some interesting chemistry and physics.

The theory of and discovery of buckyballs is the main example I use when
talking about how thought creates reality.  It is an excellent example.

See http://www.mindspring.com/~kimall/Fuller/

Marshall