Greetings to all  Silverlist members,

             Jim Meissner wrote:

                                             <  I just hear a disturbing
story about a severe reaction
 between CS and swimming pool water. >

             The optimum dermatological environment of the human skin  is
acidic. I have
come across cases of minor skin abrasions developing into full blown
inflammation
after using  alkaline shower gel. This is " Soap Dermatitis " due to the
high alkalinity
present in the product. This is commonly observed  as a complication in "
Nappy Rash
 and sensitive skin   Using  a more acidic soap with a ph 5.5  for cleansing
purposes
usually  leads to an uneventful recovery.Anecdotally, the ph of the swimming
pool
water is suspect : the pool water could be highly alkaline considering the
severity of
the skin reaction. Chlorine, as an irritant could not be ruled out. Swimming
pool
conjuctivitis due to bacterial infection have been reported in medical
journals, more
likely as a concomitant. Incidentally, there have cases of  increased levels
of cholesterol
due to exposure to chlorine.

     <..... the local alternative health doctor who explained that CS and
chlorine is a very
dangerous  combination.  Could this be true?>

        Very unlikely. I have been using Colloidal Silver 5-10ppm diluted in
tap water,
which is chlorinated, for cleansing of soiled superficial tissue injuries
for the past few
years. To-date, I have no cause for complaints.

With regards
  Lew