SAMe is the ONLY thing that has any good effects on my chronic depression.
Also without any of the side effects associated with antidepressants.
Just wish I could better afford the cost of it!!
It has been used for 20<+> years in other countries as a recognized TX for
depression, certainly not so here in the states....
the one time I almost wish the government would get involved, just so it
could be recognized and used with insurance to help cover the cost.
If you can find a brand (reputable) that costs less than 50c per tab, you
are doing good.
The recommended dose is 1600 mg per day (for depression) that is 8 tabs per
day.....with everything else...really a hardship!!
When it was first released in the US, the cost was $1.00 minimum per 200 mg
tab.

Connie