Hi,
  i have a rust color build-up on the glass is use to make cs, if i do not
wash it between batches.

  i made about 1&1/2 gal. in the last two days, one glass at a time.

  At the end of each day i easily cleaned the glass with dish detergent and
warm soapy water.

  i too, want to know more about this substance.

  Thank you,

  nan

     Carol wrote:
      I get the same "rust" colored stains on a measuring cup that I use.
After I
      have finished brewing my CS I strain it using a coffee filter. The
container
      I pour it into has a chip in the glass (this is the measuring cup) and
      have noticed a rust coloration forming in the uneven surface of the
chip.
      I am also getting this "rust" coloration on an eye dropper I use to
"snort"
      CS with when I get a sinus infection.

      This is the same "rust" color that my used coffee filter/strainer gets
if I
      leave laying out for a day or so.

      I don't know what is causing this but it has something to do with the
CS.