Hello list,

KN> In Digest V102 #72, Ode Coyote wrote:

KN> "I have run across this rotating electrode setup in lab experiment
KN> documentation and it does seem to work as stated but has something to do
KN> with altering a boundary layer or something.  mechanical complexity is much
KN> greater.
KN> 1] somehow chuck the electrode to a motor drive so it doesn't wobble all
KN> over the place and with the correct polarity
KN> 2] install that wiper.
KN>  It'll have to turn pretty fast to make a difference, I think.
KN> ken"

KN> Interesting, Ken. I plan to give it a try. Will let the list know how it
KN> goes.

KN> regards, Kevin Nolan ken...@optusnet.com.au

I have experimented, to a limited extent, in this area. The shear
developed by the vortex created has had some profound effects in my
experimentation. I intend to further evaluate this in the future.

I believe the preferred method would be to mount the electrode in a
conductive bearing, as a wiper will, undoubtedly, wipe metal from the
electrode. In keeping with nature, the electrode should spin
counter-clockwise in the northern hemisphere, and clockwise in the
southern hemisphere. Using a speed controller is the way to go. I have
kept the speed such that, when the vortex is fully formed, the "cone
of air" at the top extends down 0.5 to 1.0 inch into the water.

--
Best regards,
 Solar