Hi Kevin,
Will you kindly explain to me some of what you've written here, since I
don't understand.  For example, why would there be no need to space the
electrodes?  Are you saying that citric acid somehow counters the effect
of the conductivity? And why no need for any constant-current
electronics?  Does this mean that purity of the water isn't so much an
issue?
Thanks.
Reid

Kevin Nolan said:
One real advantage of brewing CS with citric acid is the absence of any
sensitivity to DW initial conductivity. No need for any PWT meters or
the like. No need to be adjusting electrode spacing during a run, or
carefully monitoring current draw. No need for any constant-current
electronics. The one thing I have found that does need attention is to
not make the mistake of using chlorinated tap water. As related above,
the presence of citric acid will not then prevent a cloud of AgCl
forming.