Hi;  In California at least it is stated on the label of many DW jugs that
'distilled' the word can only be used to describe steam distilled water, so the
distilled water in that jug is indeed steam distilled.  OTOH, advertising
'quackery' has become so prevalent that I don';t trust anything anymore, and
wonder what percentage of the so-called 'distilled drinking water' may be
distilled and what may be 'drinking', about which I expect there are no
regulations whatever.  YMMV.
Malcolm