The animal care line is best moved off the silver-list, may I be so bold to
suggest the CSCats-Dogs list.
This is the very thing I encourage discussion of over there.

cscats-dogs-subscr...@yahoogroups.com

As an alternative there is black walnut shell powder, rather than heartworm
meds or preventative. This is what I have been using for 2 years for that
purpose.

Connie