From: Brooks Bradley [mailto:liat...@flash.net]
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2002 12:53 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Comment on Brooks' post on silver resistant bacteria

                                    Hello James,
                        I was quite confident you, Marshall, Ivan, et
al.......would, probably, raise this issue.  Stutzeri is not the "silver
tolerant" bacteria I referred to in my posts of last year (nor do I believe
it
to be the one Dr. Flick refers to) and earlier.........that bacteria
displayed
the interesting characteristic of losing its tolerance for silver after
being
cultured for 9 or 10 genertions in a "silver free" environment------I am
unaware of any, existing, evaluations addressing the response of stutzeri,
to a
similar test.
                I will leave to you, Marshall, Ivan, Frank, etc., the
pleasure
of explaining to Gaston.....the difference between  argyria in humans and
the
sequestration process of silver/silver compounds in one-celled organisms.
                                        Sincerely,  Brooks
p.s. I have forgotten the name of the other bacteria.....but if it becomes
an
issue I will have someone supply it to me.