Greetings Gary,

If I read the thread right, Noel, who first mentioned UTI's coming from
the ears, corrected herself...

http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m47712.html
http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m47715.html

... though it's not entirely clear what she meant to say.

We have heard here quite a few times of the benefits of dilute hydrogen
peroxide ear washes. The assertion, as I understand it, is that the ear
canal and/or inner ear sometimes incubate infections, and the peroxide
oxygenates the area, by both direct contact and diffusion, presumably.
If you consider virii and prions in addition to bacteria, it might be
reasonable to expect some benefit from the procedure.

I've tried it quite a few times and it seems to reduce the duration and
severity of URI's, even preventing them, if caught early enough, and
reduces congestion and sneezing from allergies. But of course that is
all subjective, without control.

Keep your science and medical training handy, but don't be surprised
by what you will hear here in the hinterlands of alt-med. Some of it is
ignorance, some hype... and some is real. It's often hard to tell which
is which!

Be well,

Mike D.